Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Dare You to Watch This and Not Laugh

A few months ago Jason asked me if I had ever seen the movie the Ringer. I told him that I had not because I thought that it looked dumb. Jason went on to explain that a co-worker had told Jason that he reminded him of a character off the show (after watching the show, I can see where the co-worker is coming from). Jason went on to explain that he had to go rent the movie and watch it and that upon doing so.....it was pretty dang funny.

I completely disregarded Jason's opinion to watch the show and I went on with my life. Lucky for me, this past weekend it was on tv. Without college football, I'm almost up to watching anything to keep from going bored, so I watched it. All I have to say is....freaking funny show for sure.

For those who haven't seen it, I will give a brief rundown and then show 2 of the funniest parts of the show. Here we go, Johnny Knoxville needs money, in order to get money he pretends to have down syndrome or dyslexia or something like that and then run in the Special Olympics, bet on himself, and win. During his quest, he rooms with some "special" individuals who make the show. He becomes buddies with them and they remain good friends even after they find out that Knoxville really isn't "special."

I don't know if it will be as funny without watching the movie and getting a real good understanding of the situation and everybody's personality, but none the less, still pretty funny stuff.



The second clip is more famous, but I like the "protection" comment from the first clip more.



What makes this scene so funny is the fact that Rocky did the same thing a few years back when I accidentally dropped his cd. I know where they got the idea from, they must have found Rocky's journal entry from that day.

6 comments:

  1. You bet I did. You came over, grabbed my new Bell Biv Devoe cd, and dropped it right to the ground. Thanks to you, I always thought the song went "that girl is poi poi poi poi poi poi poi poi poi".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm clearly not disputing that. I'm just trying to apologize....."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zak, I have been waiting on pins and needles for a new post from you! Finally! Plus I have been trying to comment for like 24 hours and couldn't get it to work. I hope it works this time! I was beginning to think you were already done blogging....don't quit. I mean it. Hi to Brynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why'd you scratch his cd?
    Jeffy just admiring it.
    Do it again and you'll be admiring my butt from the pavement with a straw.

    You're a faker!
    A mother-faker

    Hey Steve! ask me any movie.
    hmm, ok. Jaws
    Thats a very good movie!

    Did you know Christ was a jew?

    When the F*** did we get icecream?

    I looooove this movie! Glad you finally watched it! You were missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Jaws comment as well. Good stuff. Thomas reminds me of Warren on There's Something About Mary

    ReplyDelete