Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Truth Revealed


The Problem


A few years ago I watched a girl on tv named Carrie Underwood sing some tunes. I had never seen her before and I don't think many people knew who she was until she became famous singing on American Idol. What was so interesting was the fact that she looked familiar, very familiar.

At first I just passed it off as nothing, oh lots of people look familiar, just let it go, but I couldn't. It started to eat at me. Something just wasn't right about it. It got so bad that I started to lose sleep at night (not really, but this is my blog and I can put what I want in it). The lack of sleep was killing me, but eventually, thank goodness, it all changed in one afternoon.

The Answer?

One day I decided to make a surprise visit to my friends, the Fifes. On a side note, I have to make surpise visits because they never invite me if I don't, but anywa, I dropped in one day to check on them.

I knocked on the door and after a few minutes Austin came and answered the door. Sadly, I could hear voices behind the door yelling at Austin not to answer the door. Personally, I think they were going to play the "We weren't home card," but Austin spoiled that. Thank you Austin! Back to the story......after I forced my self in we sat down in the front room. Actually, I sat down while Jason stood by the front door, holding it open. Keep in mind it was the middle of winter. I think he was trying to get a message across, but I didn't get it. Anyway, sorry to keep getting off track, back to the story.

After talking for a few minutes, DeAnna came down stairs to join us, sporting her usual smile. That is when it hit me! My sleepless nights would end because it became clear as day that DeAnna looked like Carrie Underwood. That is why she looked so familiar. To think, if the Fife's had only invited me over a month or two earlier, I wouldn't have had all those sleepless nights. Still, it didn't matter, I had found the answer.

More to the Story

After a few minutes of talking, I finally told DeAnna that she and Carrie Underwood looked a lot alike. Interestingly enough, DeAnna quickly changed the subject, which I thought was odd. A thought then came to my mind that I had never seen DeAnna and Carrie at the same time and place. Now that is weird. They have never been seen together, and that is when it hit me; DeAnna Fife is Carrie Underwood or Carrie Underwood is DeAnna Fife. Busted!!!

Don't believe me? The pictures don't lie. Don't let DeAnna dying her hair brown, or Carrie bleaching her hair blonde fool you, they are indeed the same person.




*Note that I might have "misremembered" some parts of this story

10 comments:

  1. In the profound words of Roger Clemens, "You've misremembered what happened." That whole Carrie Underwood thing originally took place at Eagle Lake golf course. That explains you thinking I was holding the door open...you were actually outside. And as for my opinon on the look-a-likes, Carrie has nothing on my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, DeAnna definitely got the better half out of the two. As for the Eagle Lake thing, I have no recollection of that, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Zak I think you might need glasses. If I am really Carrie Underwood then when I am DeAnna I had to have a pretty realistic fat suit made! Jason is right, you first said that at Eagle Lake at the driving range when we ran into you there! I personally don't see the resemblance (what is wrong with my nose in that picture?hahaha)but I really wish that it was there! I think she is gorgeous and could only dream to look like her. Your writing is so funny....you crack me up! By the way, I am so impressed with your blossoming blog! It took me a long time to figure out things that you figured out in a matter of minutes! I'm excited to get some new pictures tonight, but don't forget that you have already been featured on our blog in 2007. Don't believe me? Here is the address to go directly to it: http://thesweetfifelife.blogspot.com/2007/12/new-hobby-live-gaming.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive DeAnna. I left a comment on your latest post with the Halloween Movie. Maybe you could provide some info for me, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way DeAnna, did you vote?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a poor track record for guessing what the sex of babies will be but I voted that it will be a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sure? I voted it would be a girl and there is only 1 vote on girl. I think Jason must have changed it.

    I should have asked Jason for tips to ensure that I have a boy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Zak you are right....Jason changed my vote cause there can be only one vote from each web address, so I changed it back to a girl! :) Have fun at the game and don't let Jason forget to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would post a comment but Brynn might be upset over it. Does she even know you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya, she likes it, except for the wedding picture of ours

    ReplyDelete